- What is the definition of the no contact rule?
- When should you use the no contact rule?
- Who does the no contact rule work for?
- Why does the no contact rule work?
- What if you and your ex boyfriend have a child together?
- You want to do these 3 things to limit contact with your ex boyfriend:
- What happens when after using the no contact rule so you can win back your ex boyfriend?
- Click here to find out exactly what steps you need to take to win back your ex boyfriend FAST!
Have you run across the no contact rule?
Have you heard that the no contact rule can help you get your ex boyfriend back?
I am going to go into as much detail as I can about the no contact rule. I am going to show you what it is, how to use it, if there are exceptions to the no contact rule and more!
So let’s get started!
What is the definition of the no contact rule?
It’s pretty self explanatory.
The no contact rule means that you are going to cut off contact with your ex boyfriend for a period of time. That period of time should range from a few weeks to a couple of months.
Why does the no contact rule have a range of time like that?
The period of time is going to vary because not all relationship situations are the same.
A break up that is heated, bitter, angry, hurtful?
Is going to take more time than one that is a little more amicable.
This means all forms of contact:
- You can’t call your ex boyfriend up even just for a few moments.
- You can’t send your ex boyfriend just one little text message.
- You can’t instant message him through Facebook or Instagram.
- You can’t intentionally run into your ex boyfriend when you are out and about so he’ll talk to you.
- You can’t use mutual friends to tell him something
No contact with him means no contact with him.
As easy as it sounds … it probably will be hard to do. You are probably going to have the urge to talk to him and you are going to have to find a way to make sure that you DON’T do that.
When should you use the no contact rule?
Starting right now! The sooner you get started, the sooner you get to see the effects of applying the no contact rule.
When you do start applying the no contact rule, make sure that you don’t tell your ex boyfriend this is what you are doing. That is going to defeat the purpose of the no contact rule.
It needs to come as sort of a surprise. It needs to leave him wondering what you are up to. It needs to have him guessing whether or not you still like him.
And that’s not going to happen if you announce to him that you are going to cut off contact with him.
So this is why you don’t tell him and why the sooner you get started … the more of a surprise it is to him …
Who does the no contact rule work for?
Any woman who wants to get back with her ex boyfriend or even ex husband.
However, there is a slight caveat:
I can’t say that it will literally work for everyone who tries it. This is because of there being so many unseen variables in relationships that we can’t always predict.
The no contact rule has a pretty high rate of success.
Why does the no contact rule work?
This works based on basic human psychology.
It works because it goes against the grain of what is expected.
See, your ex boyfriend is going to expect that you are going to try to win him back.
He’s going to expect that you are going to remain in contact with him.
When you don’t do that?
It’s going to “short circuit” his expectations. It’s going to make him curious and wonder …
It’s going to play on his mind.
This is exactly what you want.
What you don’t want is your ex boyfriend to become annoyed with you in any way …
And you don’t want him to think of you as being totally predictable.
Predictability is boring.
What if you can’t avoid contact with your ex boyfriend?
I know there are plenty of situations where you can’t completely cut off contact with your ex boyfriend. In a perfect world, you could. But the world’s far from perfect.
So we have to deal with reality here.
There are some common situations where no contact just can’t be used.
- If you and your ex boyfriend have a child together
- If you work with your ex boyfriend
- If you go to school with your ex boyfriend
- If you have the same mutual friends as your ex boyfriend
We’ll look at them one by one:
What if you and your ex boyfriend have a child together?
You can’t go no contact. It wouldn’t be fair to your child. Your child is going to see their father. In that case, what you want to do is use LIMITED CONTACT with your ex boyfriend.
You want to limit the interaction you have with him.
1. Keep the conversation as short as possible.
You don’t have to talk for an hour. You can keep the conversation as brief as possible without coming across as being cold or rude.
2. Focus on talking about your child in a productive way.
A lot of couples will argue over their child or children. This is something that you want to avoid. That’s not to say you shouldn’t speak up about something if you need to. But overall, you want to focus on the conversation being productive.
3. Give yourself an “out.”
By this I mean, have a reason why you can’t talk to him for a long time. Be busy. Say, “I’ve got to go run some errands so I can’t talk long” or something along those lines.
For all other situations where you might:
- Work with your ex boyfriend
- Go to the same college as your ex boyfriend
- Have mutual friends with your ex boyfriend
You want to do these 3 things to limit contact with your ex boyfriend:
1. Try not to run into him in the most natural way possible.
Going out of your way can be a little bit obvious. So you want it to be natural. Do your best to find a way where you don’t have to run into him and make it as natural as possible.
2. If you do run into him, be short about all conversation.
Say you do pass by him. It wouldn’t be cool if you want him back to totally ignore him. It might make him think the wrong thing. But you can be friendly and still keep the conversation short.
An example: “Hey … Oh sorry, I’m in a rush to get to blah blah blah”
3. Keep any conversation off the topic of your former relationship.
You don’t want to drudge up the past. So no talking about what happened before the break up.
What happens when after using the no contact rule so you can win back your ex boyfriend?
You need to work on winning him back. And the best way is to use a proven system that has worked for hundreds or even thousands of women just like you.
Many of these women figured their situations was hopeless.
But they found a way to win back their ex boyfriend.